Monday, August 26, 2013

2nd Annual Ronald McDonald House (Give Back Dinner) 2014

So all of you who follow here on this blog know of Williams story. Just in case you don't you can go here...
But we were so happy that Sarah has worked hard (despite our very busy lives) to make sure that we have had the opportunity to give back to the Ronald McDonald House where they stayed when Will was so sick and were treated so well during a difficult time.

Basically what we do is once  a year go in and provide a dinner and raffle with prizes for the patients and families that are currently staying at the  RMH. We are able to meet families from all different walks of life and all different locations, but all here during a trying time!  So to give back feels like a blessing and there is almost always tears.
Will sitting by the prizes...
Above is Nurse Kristy and her son Owen!  She was one of Will's FIRST nurses (at his LA hospital stay) also came with her son for support and to help. How darn sweet is that!  THANKS Kristy!


 We are able to get donations for most of the food and then we also pitched in to bring and/make some.  We also bring games and toys for the kids, which makes the raffle a fun part of the night.
Sarah's mom Sue bringing treats to the table.


Nana, William, and Boppie (Danny's mom and Dad)
Sue and William
Claire, Ella, and Danny getting raffle tickets drawn

I about cried watching this sweet little patient have so much fun playing with my Ella and William. The kids just treated her like another kid (which is perfect) but I could tell she was so excited to have other kids to run around and be normal with.  It touched my heart and made me count my blessings for sure.
Will insisted he have his picture taken in this car...
Which really made me smile when I found this picture from last years dinners post...
Here's the whole crew from 2013!
Me and my Ella were the only ones from my family able to make it this year...

but I did let all my kids get prizes. I thought it would be good for them to see these items going to a good cause (although it was very difficult for them not to get everything they picked, they each got one thing)....

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos! Great post Heidi, thank you for helping both at the dinner and the updates. We love you and I'm so grateful to have a family who cares about my children so deeply.

    ReplyDelete